Status effects cause a temporary debuff on the player. They can be caused by enemy attacks, remedied by potions crafted at the Alchemy station and mitigated by resistance Mods. Status effects can be inflicted on the player while mercy invincibility is active, and an attack can apply multiple stacks of a status effect if it hits multiple times or stays in contact with the player after the initial hit.
Status effects can fail to apply to players for either of two reasons: 1) the player is protected by a prism shield granted by the Prism Combat Chip, or 2) the player chose the Monster Trainer Uniform during Character Creation and thus has permanent status effect immunity.
Primary Planet: Deep Jungle
Remedy: Anti-Poison reduces Poison value by 50%
Effect: Depletes at rate of 1% per second, dealing [ceiling(total percent / 50)] each time it depletes. That is, Poison deals 1 damage per tick while total Poison is less than 50%, 2 damage per tick while total is between 50% and 100%, 3 damage per tick while total is between 100% and 150%, and so on.
- Slug Lord projectiles poison for 10%
- Hivemind projectiles poison for 10% (20% on challenge levels)
- Contact with Hivemind poisons for 25%
- Contact with Rhinobug poisons for 20%
- Destroyer projectiles poison for 5%
Primary Planet: The Byfrost
Remedy: Anti-Frost reduces Frost value by 50%
Effect: Depletes at rate of 1% per second, reducing move speed and dash speed (but not jump height) until it wears off. Slowing effect is more potent at higher percentages, but it will never make you completely unable to move or dash.
- Contact with Wisp frosts for 4%
- Wicked beams frost for 4%
- Yeti snowballs frost for 8%
- Destroyer projectiles frost for 5%
- Baalfog, Overseer of the Ice Dimension has attacks and minions that inflict Frost
- Axelark IV, The Machine Knight frosts for 20%
Primary Planet: Molten Crag
Remedy: Anti-Heat reduces Burn value by 50%
Effect: Depletes at rate of 2% per second, dealing [2*ceiling(total percent / 50)] each time it depletes. That is, Burn deals 2 damage per tick while Burn total is less than 50%, 4 damage per tick while total is between 50% and 100%, 6 damage per tick while total is between 100% and 150%, and so on.
- Contact with Fire Slime burns for 10%
- Wyvern projectiles burn for 20%
- Contact with Lava Dragon burns for 40% per segment touched
- Destroyer projectiles burn for 5%
- Cthu projectiles burn for 6%
- Azazel, Messenger of Destruction has attacks that inflict Burn
- Axelark IV, The Machine Knight's beam burns for 6%